For Years: 7-10
Key Learning Area: Geography and History
Maximum: 75 students per session
Program Duration: 120 minutes
Program Cost: $15 per student
By examining the history of Chinese immigration to Australia, and observing the impact of that relationship on the communities of the past and present, students can gain an understanding of the history of migration that makes us the multicultural Australia of today.
To assist you in getting the most out of the program and to maximise the experience for your students, Sydney Learning Adventures has created a comprehensive Teacher Resource Pack for this program. The Red and gold Teacher Resource Pack includes:
- Explicit outcomes for Stage 4 and 5 students studying Geography and History
- Detailed background information for teachers outlining the area of study including:
- tips about teaching a specific literacy focus, in this case the text type
- a range of pre and post-excursion teaching suggestions
- a bibliography and a list of suggested resources
- an excursion timetable and map
- a range of activity sheets to photocopy for students.
This excursion is a partnership between Sydney Learning Adventures and the NSW Migration Heritage Centre for the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority.